This is for the ALEXA and ALEXA Plus. I didn’t know that the Avid capabilities were going to require a license fee. There’s also an Automatic White Balance button now, so you can use it for ENG 🙂 Here’s the release notes:
• Enables DNxHD license (paid option)
• SMTPE color bars in REC OUT and MON OUT, 1Khz audio tone on HD-SDI outputs and headphones • New User Button option: Display of False Color index on GUI
• New User Button option: Auto White Balance
• New User Button option: Turn Anamorphic de-squeeze on and off separately for EVF and MON OUT • Icons in electronic viewfinder for: Smooth Mode active.
• Icons in electronic viewfinder and MON OUT for: ARRI Look File active (since SUP 5.0).